Love saving money on Christmas shopping

This year I did my Christmas shopping early.  It is not even Thanksgiving yet and everyone is checked off my list.  My Christmas shopping is done and I didn't spend a ton of money.  I was able to buy for my entire family (two parents, two brothers and a pet cat) for less than $100!

My trick!?: Thrift shops and Gift Cards!

If you begin your searches early and just constantly think of it throughout the year, you can easily find inexpensive Holiday gifts.  While on vacation this summer, I stumbled upon a 4 story thrift shop.  There, I found a brand new hot dog toaster that I know my brother will love.  I also found a beautiful gold necklace for my mother.  The jewelry that day was half off so I was able to get both gifts for $20.  Other thrift visits have provided me with a brand new with tags Nautica brand super soft sweatshirt for my bro and a new in cellophane Chia cat nip plant for my family cat.

Gift cards are another way to pay and save.  I found 3 gift cards while cleaning out drawers, purses, and wallets.  One was a college bookstore's. I think I had gotten it while playing bar trivia or taking a survey on campus or something.  Either way, I looked it up online and it had a balance of $10!  So I searched the store.  They had school sweatshirts, t-shirts, scarves, glasses, and more for 70% off their website.  I found a nice pair of gray sweatpants with a small school logo on the top for my brother for only $14.  Used my gift card and paid only $4 out of pocket for that present.  A $13 Nordstrom gift card I had, I used for a winter beanie cap with top pom for a friend. And a $45 Tommy.com gift card was used to purchase a nice present for my dad.  A Tommy Hilfiger sweatshirt that was also on sale for the season.  Again, if you shop year round and keep an eye out for things constantly, you will have no trouble saving money and time around the holiday season so you can enjoy that time with your loved ones, 

Happy Shopping Season!

Comments

Popular Posts